The Mid-Atlantic Association
of Craft Brewers
The MACB is the Trade Association of the Craft Breweries of Maryland,
the District of Columbia and Virginia. Its purpose is to monitor and improve beer laws
affecting the craft-brewing industry in the three jurisdictions. It also works to promote
the craft breweries in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Members of the MACB
- Baltimore Brewing Company, DeGroen's Beers, Balitmore
- Brewer's Alley
- Brewer's Art, Baltimore
- Clipper City
- Ellicott Mills Brewing Co., Ellicott City
- Fordham Brewing Company,
Ram's Head Tavern, Annapolis
- Olde Towne Tavern & Brewing Co., Gaithersburg
- Oliver Breweries, Ltd.
- The Oxford Brewing Co.
- Wild Goose Brewery
District of Columbia
- Blue N Gold Brewing Co.
- Legend Brewing Co.
- Old Dominion Brewing Co.
- Old Virginia Smokehouse & Restaurant
- Potomac River Brewing Company, Chantilly
- Richbrau Brewing Co.
- Rock Creek Brewing Co.
- Shenandoah Brewing Co.
- Steamship Brewing Co.
- Sweetwater Tavern
- The Virginia Beverage Company, Old Town Alexandria
- Williamsburg Brewing Co.
- Williamsville Brewery
The MACB has gained 5 new laws during the past 3 years that:
- Increase production limits of Class 7 breweries in Maryland from 10,000 bbl./year to
22,500 and permit them to contract for beer.
- Allow Virginia Breweries without restaurants to sell kegs, bottles and growlers to
visitors at the brewery for off-premise consumption. (Va. breweries with restaurants
already have that privilege.)
- Allow Maryland Class 5 breweries to sell limited amount of beer to visitors at the
brewery for off-premise consumption.
- Allow Virginia breweries to use 4 banquet licenses per year in order to sell their beer
directly at retail at festivals.
- Update Virginia's homebrew law to permit homebrewers to give away homebrew and to
conduct competitions in retail establishments.
The Association is run by an Executive Committe which is elected by its Board of
Directors. The Executive Committee for 1997 is:
||Jim Lutz, Wild Goose Brewery
Phil Bowers, Brewer's Alley
||Jerry Bailey, Old Dominion Brewing Co.
Mike Byrne, Richbrau Brewing Co.
|For Wash. DC:
||Carroll Bull, Capitol City Brewing Co.
Day to day operations of the Association are managed by Bud Hensgen, Executive Director.
How to Contact MACB
||703 527 1441
||703 527 5689
||Mid-Atlantic Association of Craft Brewers
1327 North Vernon Street
Arlington, VA 22201
|Copyright © 1997,
Bud Hensgen, arlington va usa
|Last update: 03 December 1997